Umm I love these shoes. They were super comfy right out of the box, required very little break in time, and provided amazing traction through mud, ice, snow, and rocky terrain. The SpeedCross’s come in several cute color combinations and I seriously want like 10 pair.
The Salomon SpeedCross 3’s were my first pair of Salomon shoes and I love their little zippy lacing system. You just pull up on the cord which ensures a secure and even fit and then tuck the toggle and cord into the lacing pocket and you are good to go. Best part is your laces can’t come untied – no double knots needed here!
I wore my little purple SpeedCross 3’s for 100+ miles treking around Mont Blanc through France and Italy and didn’t wind up with a single blister or hot spot. I have worn them on numerous trail runs and through the mud-sucking Park City Trail Half Marathon last fall and didn’t fall on my bum once.
The Salomon SpeedCross 3’s water-resistant mesh upper keeps your feet dry and the fine mesh keeps debris from getting in your shoe and wreaking havoc. With multi-directional lugs, the sticky rubber outsoles offer incredible traction in muddy, slippery, and uneven terrain. The shoes have a traditional drop (11mm heel-forefoot offset) and provide plenty of support for heel strikers. The shoes tend to run a little big so order a half size down to be safe. I usually take a 6.5 in trail shoes and the 6’s felt perfect.
Only complaint is I wish they had a little more room in the toebox like my Altra Lone Peak 1.5’s. My feet are a little wide and at first I had no complaints about the amount of room in the toebox, but that was before I got used to the lush roominess of my Altra’s. Also, I picked up a second pair of SpeedCross 3’s in the Green Tea color and well choosing a light colored trail running shoe wasn’t the brightest idea since they turned an ugly shade of brown after my first run.
- Great for trail running, mountain running, backpacking, and hiking
- Fit is optimized specifically for women’s feet
- Quicklace lacing system ensures a nice secure and even fit with just a tug of a single cord. A lace pocket secures laces and keeps them out of your way
- Breathable upper is water-resistant and has anti-debris mesh that keeps dirt and pebbles out of your shoes
- Polyester mesh linings wicks moisture away from your feet and enhances comfort
- Nonmarking Contagrip® rubber outsoles with multidirectional lugs and sticky rubber provide superior traction in muddy, wet, and slippery trails
- Available in several bright and crazy color combos