If you love your wool baselayers, you’ll love the same comfort and temperature regulation of the . The jacket’s hybrid design features a wool insulate front body with wind and water resistant nylon front panels and stretchy merino material through the arms and back for full mobility and warmth.
I picked up the Smartwool Corbet 120 Jacket on sale at Backcountry.com when I was stocking up on extra base layers right before the Bear 100. The Corbet is my consolation prize for not finishing the Bear and I haven’t taken it off since! It is oh so comfy and warm and has thumbholes, which makes me feel like I am constantly being hugged 🙂 On the first day wearing it to work I was almost embarrassed by all the attention and compliments my jacket received.
The Corbet is slim fitting so you can easily fit the jacket under a shell and the thumbholes are great for keeping the sleeves in place while you slip on another coat. Two front zip pockets are great for warming your hands or stashing your keys and an internal chest pocket easily fits your phone with a headphone cord slit so you can listen to must while you’re running or walking around town.
I’ve found the Corbet a bit too warm for runs in the 30-40 degree range, but think it will be perfect for runs in the 20’s. It sadly hasn’t gotten that cold yet for me to test it out. I do think the Corbet is going to be the perfect winter running and Nordic ski jacket for me this winter, if it ever snow that is! But until then I’ll just enjoy wearing it around town and at work in my icy office.
- Great for trail running and Nordic skiing
- SmartLoft wool insulation on front of jacket provides thermoregulation and warmth even when wet
- Wind and water-resistant front panels offer some protection from the elements
- Merino-lined front panel and collar for sweat and odor management
- Semi-form fitting
- 2 secure zip front hand pockets
- Internal secure zip chest pocket with media cord routing
- Center front zipper with draft flap and chin guard
- Available in all sorts of cute color combos