Black Diamond Distance Z-Poles – Best lightweight and easy to pack trekking poles ever!
I never knew I could fall in love with a pair of trekking poles, but these babies absolutely saved my knees trekking the Mont Blanc Circuit in France. The Black Diamond Z-Poles are ridiculously light at 12-13 ounces per pair and fold up nicely to the length of about 9 inches to easily stash in your pack.
Great for backpacking, hiking, and even trail running, I have been using these poles for over a year and they are still as good as new. They snap into place similarly to tent pole and although I was a little skeptical of their lightweight design, they have held up impeccably. The poles have come undone on me a few times when I have gotten the tip stuck between rocks or in the mud. But in the poles defense, I was using them at their shorter length so they weren’t fully locked in place.
Only downside is that they are not fully adjustable, which is a problem if you want to be able to share your poles amongst different height peeps. They are available in four sizes: 100 (recommended for less than 5″1′), 110 (5″1 – 5″7′), 120 (5″8 – 5″11) and 130 cm (6″ plus).
- Crazy lightweight at a scant 12-13 ounces per pair.
- Compact design folds up nicely to stow in your pack.
- A single push-button release offers speedy deployment.
- Easily replace and solidly secure pole tips with WaveLock™ tip connections.
- Right- and left-hand-specific straps are light, breathable and moisture-wicking.
- Light, nonslip EVA foam grips feature foam extensions that allow poles to be held low during short side hill traverses.
- Strong aluminum shafts stand up to everyday use on the trail.
- Z-Pole trekking poles come with interchangeable, nonmarking rubber tips, carbide tips and a stow bag
Where to Find The Black Diamond Z-Poles!
See more ultralight travel gear.